Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dance? Maybe next time.

Well, all of my plans for yesterday were pretty much a bust. I called the gym to get some info about the toddler class and found out that class is Monday and Wednesday, not Tuesday and Thursday like I thought. We'll give that a try next week. We did go to the gym though and the kids played while I worked out. It's nice being at the gym in the morning. There were only about 5 people in the whole place.

Dance didn't go so well. Hannah was so shy, she didn't want much to do with the whole thing. That's okay, we'll keep trying. Maybe she'll warm up eventually. Hannah's friend Claire was just as shy. Claire did get out there toward the end and she was so cute! Of course, when we got home last night Hannah was doing all of the things they did in the class. Next week I think I'll try sitting in the hall where she can't see me. Who knows!

I did forget in my last post to fill every one in on my last day at Northland. It was a very emotional day from start to finish. I am very blessed to have worked with such wonderful people. The waterworks started as soon as I dropped the kids off to Julie. We both cried. We've been very lucky to have Julie there to take such great care of our kids. I then cried all the way to work and for about the first 30 minutes I was there. I could smell flowers before I even got to my desk. Cathy had a beautiful bouquet of white lillies for me. She also got me some really great books.. creative play, silly snacks & a devotional book. Oh and Hannah's favorite thing, silly straws... one pink, one blue. I don't know how Cathy does this but she always finds the most appropriate cards to give. Thanks Cathy!! That card was the best. Jenny got me the same craft book that Cathy did. Great minds think alike?! We got a laugh about that. I was able to dry up the tears to make it through the rest of the morning and through our potluck. When we were finished eating they gave me more great gifts. They gave me a gift certificate for Lyn Phillips (where I get my hair done), a gift card for Bed, Bath & Beyond, an engraved beer mug (either they really know me or they really know my kids!) and a basket full of yummy smelling candles and that kind of stuff. Ed, Kelli, Cathy, Jenny, Sylvia, Michelle, Gail, Bev, Deb & Warren really made my last day very special. Don't worry guys, you haven't seen the last of me. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for every thing.

So the last "good bye" we had to say was to Julie. Jay and I stopped and picked up some flowers for her. Of course, we cried again when we picked the kids up. I don't think I can ever express how much it has meant to have Julie watch our kids. I have known Julie since the 3rd grade. I know how wonderful she is with her own kids and she loves our kids like they were her own. Julie, thank you for being there for most of my kids "firsts". I wouldn't have it any other way. Julie made us a dvd of pictures of the kids at her house. She put it to music (Rascall Flatts "My Wish" and another song called "Remember Me"). It was beautiful and again I cried! Jay couldn't watch it, he made it about 1/4 of the way through and had to get up and walk away. I called her to thank her again and what did we do?! Cried!!

My goodness, I've rambled on a lot in this post. I promise, they won't be like this anymore.

1 comment:

Cari said...

A new chapter has begun!